Let’s face it, we look for second income opportunity online because it just feels easier.
Do we really need that second job, how about the third one? Is it because we just don’t know what to do with all that downtime we have after finishing our 9 to 5 (you can stop laughing now). I think the answer would be more like, we need the money, my full-time job doesn’t cover the monthly bills, we need money for college or the dreaded medical bills. We all have our own reasons for seeking to find that second income opportunity that can fit into our schedule and supplement our other income. Surveys show that over the last few years people working multiple jobs have increased. Did you know that most millennials work at more than one job? Some companies hire mostly part-time workers to save from paying benefits which leads us to source out ways to make additional income to make up the difference. Most turn online for income opportunity because it is most flexible and convenient way to source out new income on your own schedule.
Finding – Income Opportunities
There are a lot of possibilities online to gain additional income, this takes some research and in most cases, it will take some time before you start making money. There are skills we all have but making money from them sometimes never crosses our mind.
- What are your hobbies
- What are some of the things you are passionate about
- Do you gift your friends with things that they rave about
- Are you a good teacher (not your profession)
- Do you shop online
These are some questions you can ask yourself to narrow your search and find out what your second income opportunity could be. Did you know that you can make money from
- Writing – there are so many topics to write about and so many different sites paying guest writers upon publication of the article. Check out the sites that fit your niche, things of interest to you that you know how to do or doing research and writing about things you always wanted to know about. (click the writing link for a list)
- Writing reviews on products you buy and use – if you’re going to write this one should be quite easy, just write your opinion.
- Selling your photos online – here a few places you can check out.
- Upload how-to videos for DIY projects – You have to be comfortable in front of the camera and able to break down your projects into easy to follow steps for your visitors, you have to also be able to stay on point so you don’t end up with a long-winded video nobody will want to see. Uploading videos can also be used for how to reviews, some people are very visual and can only follow when they can see it being done.
- Surveys – most of the surveys I have come across have very low payout per survey, especially when you first get started, you really have to be very patient to be willing to literally accept pennies for a while. If you don’t have multiple income streams, surveys will not put a lot of money in your pocket right away.
Getting Started – Job research
Research how to find work from home and online, invest some time to get reviews on the top companies that hire remote or online workers. Find out which companies pay on time and also how they pay, you don’t want to chase the money that you worked for. There are a lot of scammer working full time to get your money, so someone asking you to pay them for a job is usually a good sign that it’s a scam. Remember the skills that are required for your traditional jobs are skills that you can also use for remote or online jobs. There are numerous companies that are using a remote workforce both freelancers and permanent for
- Customer support
- Tech support
- Product support
Companies hiring for support and customer service will provide training, most time it’s free on condition that you pass a qualifying test and then it is up to you if you want to commit the time it takes to learn about their product or service usually through a virtual classroom. Training for most of these usually runs on average 4-6 weeks and classroom times are fixed.
Sometimes when we choose to work online it can mean we want to work alone and avoid most human contact, therefore customer service/support is probably not what you are looking for.
- Freelance Writer
- Affiliate Marketing
You can find work online with little human contact if that’s what you’re looking for.
As a transcriptionist, you can choose to do medical, legal or general. My research has shown that the demand for general transcriptionist is growing. There are so many businesses and individuals who hire transcriptionists to get their audio transcribed so it can be ranked for search engine optimization, Google doesn’t rank videos. That can only happen if the video/audio is transcribed to go on a website, plus not everyone wants to watch a video and they sometimes just wants to skim through an article to find what is relevant to them.
Think about that for a minute…Imagine the possibilities for earning potential with all the video and audio files out there needing Google to rank their site.
In your research, you will find that there are many sites you can go to narrow down your search and pinpoint what will work best for you. There are also different kind of writing you can do as a freelancer.
- What kind of writing assignments are you looking for?
- What kind of writer are you?
Affiliate marketing is one of the easier ways to start earning a second income online. There are literally hundreds of affiliate programs you can join for free and start earning. To earn from any affiliate program it takes you and your time to promote in order to start earning. Obviously, some are better than others. I started my affiliate marketing with Wealthy Affiliate, I was already associated with them, this is the program that taught me how to be successful with my online business. Naturally, because I know it works and it pays, I wanted to tell everyone about them. If you are honest in the reviews you write for products or service you are promoting then your job will be very easy. You only have to be consistent and diligent.
My Give Away
That was just a sampling of second income opportunities online, I hope it gives you some direction as to what you would prefer to work at. Take your time to research companies before you invest not just your money but your time.
Time is Money.
Are you taking you traditional jobs skills from a brick and mortar workspace and finding how to use it and find work online at a remote job or are you jumping into something totally new in the world of Online work. In some cases ”the sky is the limit” with your earning possibilities online.
How much do you want to earn?
If you have any questions please leave them below. Your comments are welcomed.
Thanks for stopping